Thursday, February 25, 2010

Celebrating a New Baby Girl...

I made another batch of sour cream cookies this week.

This time I needed something special for a bit of a baby shower for a mom who is a part of the leadership team at our mom's group. I dressed them up as little cakes, remembering some cookie cakes I had seen in some Martha Stewart publication a few years ago. They had my almond flavored frosting on them. I piped it on with a round tip.



Didn't they turn out so sweet? I think you could easily make them work for a baby boy too. Or won't they be fun for a tea party? I was pleased with the result.

If you want to make some cookie cakes - follow that sour cream cookie recipe. And cut out equal numbers of three different size rounds. I used every other size of a graduated set of circle cookie cutters.

Then whip up a batch of frosting (fairly stiff). Make it any color you choose and fill a pastry bag fitted with a round tip. Pipe frosting between the layers of cookies - to stick them together. I piped my flower onto the top of the small cookie before placing it on the medium size cookie. When all the cookies are frosted together and stacked up, add the small dots around the seams where the cookies meet. Wah-lah... Beautiful cookie cakes to celebrate with an expecting mom!!!!

2 comments:

  1. ohhh...so pretty. I really like these. By the way, last week the girls and I made the cookies from the previous post. I don't like peanut butter so I knew this would be a good cookie for me to make (this way I don't eat them...). They were a big hit here - the girls finished the last two at lunch today:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I think one of your next post needs to be on something you can make with the leftover whites from this recipe. I hate throwing them out and the only recipe I know using whites (that isn't crazy complex) is for a meringue cookie that never turns out right ....I think I over beat it because it is always tough. Anyhow, just an idea:)

    ReplyDelete