Monday, February 1, 2010

My first "dump" cake...

Have you checked out Bakerella's website? I recently discovered her - wow, does she make some elaborate things and I love her blog's name. Her snowman pops look amazing. The other day she had this post about Peach Crunch Cake. I had to try it.

Here's a picture of how mine turned out.



We really loved it and almost the entire 9 x 13 is already gone 24 hours later.

The recipe is in bakerella's post but if I was going to do it again, I'd make a few changes:

I'd use more peaches - hers called for 24.5 oz. I even used more this time around but I'd do even more when I make it again. I used two 15 oz. cans and I think I could even use three cans. Maybe it would make it more runny or take it a bit longer to bake??? But I just felt the delicious topping could have used more fruit beneath it.

I also skipped the nuts on almost the entire thing (we have no nut people in our house - not allergies, just dislike of them.) But for a small section on one end - I used chopped pecans instead of walnuts like the recipe called for. Loved it!

Give this one a try. You'll be so glad you did! So easy and delicious!

1 comment:

  1. i DO read bakerella's blog and LOVE it. i'm totally trying those lollipop cakes sometime. and i was planning on making the peach crunch cake this week. looked so easy and so yummy! and i looove nuts, fruit, and crumbly together. yum.

    ReplyDelete