Thursday, July 22, 2010

Blueberry Lemon Cookies



My kids and I LOVE blueberry picking. We went to a nearby patch last weekend and had eight pounds to eat and cook and bake with!

I went hunting for some new blueberry recipes and found this recipe for blueberry lemon cookies on a website I will have to give credit to later because I am not finding it easily when googling the recipe tonight and it is written down upstairs. Anyway,

The recipe:

3/4 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 t. lemon zest
2 eggs
2 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1/2 c. milk
1 1/2 c. fresh blueberries

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, cream together butter and both sugars; and lemon zest and eggs. Beat well. Add the baking powder and salt. Then add the flour and milk alternating between the two until total amounts are added. Beat well. Gently fold in berries. Drop by heaping tablespoons full unto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for about 12 minutes.

These are super yummy and would be just perfect for a brunch. They reminded me of blueberry pancakes and I loved the hint of lemon in them.

So, find a nearby blueberry patch if you live in a place where blueberries grow and get picking!



***Side note: Don't you just love the new cutting board that the cookies are sitting on in the picture? My mom gave it to me - a man sells these beautiful wooden cutting boards at a craft show every year in beautiful Manistee, Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment