Thursday, September 9, 2010

Cranberry and White Chocolate Cookie Bars



I made these yummy and fast treats for a recent meeting I had.
Here they are all wrapped up and ready to go.

I hope to be posting more regularly now that fall has arrived. I have more time to bake and several things I have already baked and haven't had the chance to share yet. Stay tuned!

The recipe:

1 stick of butter, softened
1/2 c. of Crisco
3/4 c. of brown sugar
3/4 c. of granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1 t. salt
1 t. soda
2 1/4 c. of flour
1/2 c. of old fashioned oats
3/4 c. of dried cranberries
1 1/2 c. of white chocolate chips

Blend butter, Crisco and both kinds of sugars. Add eggs and mix until well blended. Add vanilla, salt and soda and flour. Mix well. Add oats, cranberries and white chocolate chips. Mix until just blended. Pour into a lightly greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake in a 365 degree oven for about 22 minutes or until golden brown around edges but not over baked. Cool and cut into 20 bars.

I love these for a fast and easy sweet addition to a brunch. And I think they are best enjoyed the day after baking. They are just perfect then. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment